One Accord Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy located in Casa Grande, AZ, Gilbert, AZ, Mesa, AZ, & Phoenix, AZ
Getting a massage is a great way to reduce stress and relax, but massage therapy accomplishes much more: it effectively promotes healing, relieves pain, and helps you rehabilitate from injuries. Our highly-credentialed team at One Accord Physical Therapy has extensive training and experience providing many types of therapeutic massage. If you have questions about whether you would benefit from massage therapy, call one of our offices in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Casa Grande, or Gilbert, Arizona.
Massage Therapy Q & A
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
Massage is known for helping you relax and release stress, but many patients aren’t aware that massage has therapeutic benefits. Studies show that massage therapy helps relieve pain and other symptoms in numerous health conditions.
As therapeutic massage manipulates soft tissues, it:
- Reduces pain
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates healing
- Decreases inflammation
- Improves flexibility and motion
- Relieves muscle tension
- Boosts the immune system
In addition to promoting your physical health, massage therapy also creates a calm, relaxed space that allows thoughts and emotions to surface and process, benefitting the whole person.
What Health Conditions May Improve with Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy can be used alone or as a complementary therapy to the hands-on manual therapies available at One Accord Physical Therapy. Many health conditions benefit from massage, including:
- Soft tissue injuries, sprains, and strains
- Low back pain and sciatica
- Neck and arm pain
- Fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome
Massage therapy also helps you recover from postoperative pain and lymphedema.
What Types of Therapeutic Massage are Available?
You may need a gentle, relaxing massage or one that applies deep pressure to relieve muscle knots. No matter what type of massage you need, you’ll find it at One Accord Physical Therapy.
These are a few examples of the massage therapies offered:
- Medical Massage: Medical massage is prescribed by your doctor to specifically target the area of your body affected by your diagnosed condition.
- Swedish Massage: This type of massage is often used for general relaxation, but it also delivers therapeutic benefits such as improving flexibility and increasing blood flow to promote healing. Swedish massage techniques include kneading, circular pressure, and percussive tapping.
- Deep Tissue Massage: When you have areas of tension deep in your muscles and connective tissues, this type of massage relaxes the tissues and restores movement.
- Trigger Point Massage: Trigger point massage specifically targets painful, knotted muscles and fascia (connective tissues surrounding muscles). Concentrated pressure is placed directly on the spasm to help the tissues relax.
- Sports Massage: The massage techniques used for this type of therapy depend on each patient’s unique needs. You may need a sports massage before or after athletic events to boost your performance, prevent or heal injuries, improve flexibility, and fight muscle fatigue.
With massage, you’ll feel better faster, get active again, and live pain-free. When you’re ready for an exceptional massage provided by highly trained and experienced experts, call One Accord Physical Therapy or Book a FREE TELEPHONE CONSULT HERE. If you are unsure if we are right for you, select one of the following free, no obligation options.
Low Back Pain & Sciaticamore info
Whiplash & Headachesmore info
Women's Health & Pelvic Floor Caremore info
Neck & Arm Painmore info
Arthritis, Bursitis & Tendinopathy Programmore info
Workers Compensation & Sports Injuriesmore info
Vertigo & Dizzinessmore info
Post Concussion Rehabmore info
Massage Therapymore info